Wednesday 14 December 2016

Cycling Around the World and Everest - Raw Video Footage

The 4 anniversary passed the other day of when I left to go to New Zealand on the bike trip and make my way back to the UK. It made me feel a bit nostalgic and I ended up looking back at the videos of the trip.

As a result I ended up sewing together all the raw video footage of the trip into a new video.
the result - 'The world by bike in 47 minutes'!


Its a bit bland .. but i like it like that and i think it captures a lot of the experience of being on your own and cycling miles across big continents every day.

The China section is especially long as crossing the Hexi-corridor is where it was most, desolate, isolated and without a shadow of doubt windy. Its also one of my favorite parts of the trip.

I then ended up putting together the Everest trip and the ride from Lhasa in Tibet to Kathmandu in Nepal. the result ' Everest by Bike'!


If your planning a bike trip of your own, the first video will give you some idea of what the experience may be like for you. If you are thinking of cycling the Friendship Highway in Tibet on a (compulsory) organised ride then the second video will give you an idea of what that is like.

Cheers, Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment